What Will Driving Be Like After Lockdown in the UK?
After the advent of this crazy pandemic situation, people in the United Kingdom started following the lockdown rules. It means that they are leaving their houses only if there is an important task to do. As people are following lockdown, they had not taken their cars out. It does not matter whether you are a professional driver or an amateur driver, this lockdown undoubtedly hampered the driving skill.
Now, people have started going back to the work following some restrictions. Anyway, people out there are feeling nervous while driving. They do not know how to regain those old driving skills.
It is a fact that people are feeling anxious while sitting behind the wheel. But, you will have to understand that you are not alone in this situation. There are many people who are experiencing the same and therefore, there are certain things that you need to consider while driving after lockdown.
What You May Be Feeling Like Before Getting Behind The Wheel?
You might have a fear that you have forgotten your driving skill. But, this is not true at all. You have all the skill and knowledge; you just need to remind yourself. You will have to keep telling yourself that before the lockdown, you have already driven and so, you have not lost the ability to drive. However, before getting into driving, you will have to reassure certain things.
Things To Do & Check On Your Car Before Driving
First of all, you will have to spend some time with your car in the garage to observe the condition of your car. Apart from this, there are certain other things that you need to check. These are as follows:
- Tyres: It is very important that you give importance to regular tyre You will have to make sure that the tyres of your car are in the best condition before going on a long road trip. There should not be any visible cracking, nicks, and cuts on the tyres. You should also check the tread of the tyre. It must be 1.6 mm. In order to check the tread of the tyre, you can use a 20p coin.
- Health Check: A health check is another that you will have to consider. Yes, amid this pandemic situation, you will have to make sure that your health is in the best condition. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you should not go driving.
- Take All The Safety Measures: You should take all the safety You are going for driving after a few months. Therefore, the first thing that you need to check is the condition of your car. Yes, there will certain things that might get damaged. First of all, you will have to check the condition of the windshield of your car. If it has cracks, you should visit the nearest automotive centre to repair it. Moreover, you should also check the condition of the light. It is not only crucial for yourself but also important for the pedestrians.
- Check The Battery: Your car was in the garage for a few months and so, it is quite obvious that the battery will go down. You should check it before taking the car for a drive.
So, these are certain things that you need to check before driving after lockdown. We hope that these tips would be helpful for you.
How Can TyreServ Help You
If you’re looking for new tyres or maybe a battery replacement then we’re the people to call. If you’re based in Romford, Essex or in Greater London just drop by to receive one of these services:
1) 24 Hour Tyre Repair in Romford
2) Corporate Tyre Checking in Romford
3) Fast Puncture Repair in Essex
4) Mobile Tyre Fitting in Greater London
5) Tyre Rotation in Romford
6) Wheel Balancing in Romford
7) Mobile Battery Fitting